Thursday, June 24, 2010

The joys of working for catering

Today my boss Nicole gave me the "order forms" for our reception. We have to fill out all the information about our reception and then once she gets it back, then we can start the contract process. I am happy that we are getting great food and quality table linens/decorations for such a bargain. I was going through my wedding planner and the average couple spends $9,000 for catering/reception. We will be spending under $3,000.

Two weeks ago I was working and the job for the day was setting up a lobster fest in the fire hall for alumni weekend. They had ordered chair covers with pretty satin bows. I talked to Nicole about it, and since they are a reasonable price, I am going to go for it. I hope that when people walk into the fire hall they say "woah!" That is my goal- to make the reception as pretty as possible.

Today at work some of us co-workers were cleaning up the main room during some of our spare time. Shane found an entire crate filled with napkins that had pine cones and pine trees on them. There were at least 2oo napkins and they are now in my care. They will make perfect cocktail napkins. I am glad we came across them otherwise we would have had either boring plain napkins, or costly personalized ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment